Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Where we are - Part 2

In the first posting, I wrote of the progress that we have made in dealing with and treating people with disabilities. However, for every 1-2 steps forward!!

I received an e-mail that contained this article:

"CBS got a little taste of its own reality. Lowe's has vowed not to advertise on future episodes of the reality show Big Brother 9 because of a defamatory comment a contestant made about people with autism.

On the episode, which aired Feb. 13, Adam Janinski said he hoped to win the competition so he could open a hair salon "so retards can get it together and get their hair done."

When a cast member chastised him, Janinski said, "Disabled kids. I can call them whatever I want. I work with them all day, okay?" Janinski works for the United Autism Foundation of Florida."

GOOD for Lowe's!! People and companies need to speak up.

2/28/08 This was mentioned yesterday on the radio station I listen to. So it is even reaching rural areas.

No comments: