Friday, March 31, 2017

Creating an Accessible Word 2013 Document: It’s Easier Than You Might Think!


Creating an accessible electronic document may seem like a daunting task, but just like building an accessible home, if you do it right from the beginning versus trying to retrofit it later, the task is so much easier!

So when I say “accessible electronic document”, what do I mean? An accessible electronic document is one that can be accessed by anyone regardless of disability and/or assistive technology they are using such as a screen reader or Braille display. For example, if I have a document with picture of a logo for my business without any alternative text to describe it, a person who is blind and uses a screen reader will never know the name of my company. This is because the screen reader cannot read the text within a picture. When the screen reader gets to the logo in the document, it will only say “picture”.  Continue Reading...

No comments: