Thursday, December 29, 2011

Group offers adults with disabilities a path to film careers

Inclusion Films was founded by Joey Travolta, the older brother of actor John Travolta, to provide instruction in all aspects of filmmaking to adults with developmental disabilities. Participants, who have autism, Down syndrome and other special needs, are trained by industry professionals and receive help finding work in the film business. "I used to think that disability was something to hide," said former student Michael Cooney, who has launched his own production company. "I learned that having a disability is a gift and that I have abilities I didn't even know I had before I came here." Los Angeles Times/Company Town blog (12/27) http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/12/on-location-inclusion-films-opens-doors-in-hollywood.html

No comments: